Thursday, October 27, 2011

World's-Most-Super-Awesome-Amazing Chocolate Milk

Forgive me in advance, for I never use measurements. Ever. I am what my mother refers to as, "a kitchen sink cook". I suppose I am. For the purposes here, I will...guestimate how much I use of each ingredient. But I encourage everyone to always find what works for oneself. Experimentation is, after all, the fun part.

3/4 C. Water
T. Agave Nectar
1 1/2 T. Cocoa Powder
1/4 C. Nonfat/Lowfat milk

The trick is to melt the water, agave and cocoa together or the cocoa will be a positive BEAR to mix in without leaving clumps behind. Either use the stovetop or put it in a microwave safe glass container and heat it that way. Let it cool off, or add ice if you don't mind having icy chocolate milk (I don't).

I know it doesn't seem like a lot of milk, but by using cocoa powder, it tastes so rich and extravagant that you don't really miss it. Even using nonfat, it still tastes amazing. So yeah! Enjoy! <3

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I prefer agave vs. something like raw sugar, or (heaven forbid) an artificial sweetener. Agave is a low-glycemic index foodstuff, so it won't spike your blood sugar like sugar will. And I would use stevia, but I really don't like the aftertaste. But that is just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Measurements are for people who know math. I don't believe in them.

    ReplyDelete